- Multiple DatesMon, 01 MayOld Pine Trees gift Shop Lochgoilhead01 May 2023, 10:00 – 17:00Old Pine Trees gift Shop Lochgoilhead , Main Street, Lochgoilhead, Cairndow PA24 8AQ, UKA Socially Engaged Art Project - Led by Joni Brown in collaboration with Derek Prescott in conversation with the Loch Goil community.
- Sun, 20 NovThe Creggans Inn, Strachur20 Nov 2022, 19:00 – 22:00The Creggans Inn, Strachur, Strachur, Cairndow PA27 8BX, UKA Story, a Pie and a Pint is back!!! Once Upon A Time In Cowal presents Shona Cowie and Stewart Ennis for a cosy evening of fun and food.
- Sun, 20 NovStrachur Smiddy20 Nov 2022, 14:00 – 14:05Strachur Smiddy, Strachur, Clachan, Cairndow PA27 8DG, UKOnce Upon A Time In Cowal joins Gauri Raje telling stories for the whole family to enjoy in this fantastic unique venue.
- Sat, 19 NovCairndow Village Hall19 Nov 2022, 19:00 – 20 Nov 2022, 21:30Cairndow Village Hall, Village Hall, Cairndow PA26 8BN, UKOnce Upon A time In Cowal, an evening of Winter's Tales with Gauri Raje and Daniel Serridge.
- Sat, 19 NovStrachur Smiddy19 Nov 2022, 14:00 – 15:00Strachur Smiddy, Strachur, Clachan, Cairndow PA27 8DG, UKStories for the whole Family to enjoy at the old Strachur Smiddy Crafts and Museum - Once Upon A Time In Cowal with Stewart Ennis.
- Fri, 18 NovLochgoilhead Village Hall18 Nov 2022, 19:00 – 21:30Lochgoilhead Village Hall, 8 Hall Rd, Lochgoilhead, Cairndow PA24 8AQ, UKKicking off 'Once Upon A Time In Cowal' - 'With The Devil's Assistance' by Shona Cowie, a sell-out show at the Edinburgh Fringe 2022.
- Sat, 12 NovThree Villages Hall, Arrochar12 Nov 2022, 19:30 – 22:30Three Villages Hall, Arrochar, Shore Road, Arrochar G83 7AB, UKEsther Swift explores ritual, connection, isolation, and the natural world in her performance with pedal harp and voice.
- Fri, 11 NovLochgoilhead Village Hall11 Nov 2022, 19:30 – 22:30Lochgoilhead Village Hall, 8 Hall Rd, Lochgoilhead, Cairndow PA24 8AQ, UKEsther Swift explores ritual, connection, isolation, and the natural world in her performance with pedal harp and voice.
- Sun, 30 OctThree Villages Hall, Arrochar30 Oct 2022, 15:00 – 31 Oct 2022, 16:00Three Villages Hall, Arrochar, Shore Road, Arrochar G83 7AB, UKKissing Linford Christie a Catherine Wheels production by Victoria Beesley. A new solo show about ones girl's journey to Olympic success.
- Sun, 23 OctCairndow Ardkinglas House23 Oct 2022, 15:30 – 24 Oct 2022, 16:30Cairndow Ardkinglas House, Ardkinglas House, The Estate Office, Ardkinglas, Cairndow, Argyll PA26 8BG, UKFamily Fun Day of Puppet Show and Games - Clydebuilt Puppet Theatre performing at Ardkinglas Gardens incl. HaHaHopscotch Games.
- Sun, 02 OctCarrick Castle Cormonachan Woodlands02 Oct 2022, 14:00 – 03 Oct 2022, 16:30Carrick Castle Cormonachan Woodlands, Endrick, Carrick Castle, Lochgoilhead, Cairndow PA24 8AF, UKAs part of the Woodlands Art Trail 2022, we have the pleasure of working with Caroline Austin from GoMA, who is offering an Andy Goldsworthy inspired workshop at Cormonachan Community Woodlands, Argyll.
- Sat, 27 AugThree Villages Hall, Arrochar27 Aug 2022, 18:00 – 28 Aug 2022, 19:00Three Villages Hall, Arrochar, Shore Road, Arrochar G83 7AB, UKTwo lively quirky best friends – Riri and Moku – are confined to a barrel sitting on top of an island of rubbish.
- Fri, 26 AugStrachur Memorial Hall26 Aug 2022, 18:00 – 27 Aug 2022, 19:00Strachur Memorial Hall, Cairndow PA27 8DF, UKTwo lively quirky best friends – Riri and Moku – are confined to a barrel sitting on top of an island of rubbish.
- Thu, 23 JunCairndow Village Hall23 Jun 2022, 19:00 – 22:00Cairndow Village Hall, Village Hall, Cairndow PA26 8BN, UKIn The Weeds is a Hebridean thriller about a marine biologist who falls in love with a sea monster.
Ecdysis (In Vivo)
Saturday 9th October 2021
Performance times: 3-3:45pm and 5-5:45pm.
Ticket Price: Individual - £7
Group (upto 5 people) £21
(Plus booking fee)
ABOUT THE PERFORMANCE
Oceanallover: Ecdysis (In Vivo)
Oceanallover invites the audience into an altered reality
Presenting Ecdysis (In Vivo), a collaborative performance using visceral, soul-filled original
music in combination with performance, dance and unique, sculptural costume. Presented
as a pilgrimage through the landscape, Ecdysis (In Vivo) will emerge at several locations in
Scotland and Internationally throughout 2021 and 2022, inviting the audience to enter an
altered reality and to find themselves within a piece of audio-visual poetry.
The dance, music and theatre performance will make this journey in a series of chapters that
make reference to the reptile species that can be found in the wild in Scotland and the UK.
Reptiles shed their skin as they grow and Ecdysis (In Vivo) looks at both the physical and
metaphorical concepts of growth.
“Ecdysis (In Vivo) is a sculptural happening, durational performance, momentary glimpse,
promenade narration, chapters from a life, one moment in a life-time.” - Alex Rigg, Director
‘Life was never better on a swing, the higher the better!’
Come and enter our world of The Swings. We love playing and swinging about on our giant swing set and we’d love you to have a go too.
Watch as our aerialists swing, climb, play and perform for you. Then the Swings are open to experience.
Your swinging will activate a soundscape full of memories of being on a swing. Feel the rush of air past your face and be inspired by our aerialists with what you can do with a swing!
A 5m high giant swing set, 2 swings, 2 aerialists and a sound installation where you can play, watch, and listen.
An interactive event for all the family.
All or Nothing bring the joy of giant swings to post-Covid Scotland
Edinburgh's All or Nothing Aerial Dance Theatre, one of the UK's leading aerial dance companies, is delighted to announce the Scottish tour of their new outdoor, interactive and family focused production, The Swings.
The Swings is part breathtaking aerial duet, staged on a magnificent, larger than life, five-metre-high swing set, and part installation, where the audience are invited to have a swingwhilst listening to a sound installation of memories evoked from childhood swinging.
As Scotland opens up for live performance The Swings will be performed at 23 outdoor venues the length and breadth of Scotland from Saturday 26 June 2021, in Lerwick, Shetland, to Wednesday 18 August 2021, for the Lochwinnoch Arts Festival.
Outdoor venues include town, city and country parks and gardens, community centres,an old bowling green, a city centre public square, a rugby pitch, and a car park.
The Swings, staged using a giant swing set with two swings, is a 15-minute choreographed aerial dance duet performed at intervals throughout the day. Inspired by age old playground games and memories the playful dynamic between the two aerial artists is key. Using the long ropes and swing seats as their apparatus they begin by exploring this unfamiliar environment, swinging, and jumping off, climbing and hanging whichever way they can; their voices unable to contain their excitement. They gradually build the energy performing a range of stunning tricks, flipping, somersaulting, and tumbling, as they soar high above the socially distanced audience below.
Following every performance, audiences will be invited to have some time on the swings. As old and young experience the sheer joy of swinging they will be accompanied by a soundscape made up of memories, thoughts and feelings of being on a swing. Fragments of these conversations, from the company’s friends, family, neighbours and colleagues, including three-year old Nancy and Gillian in her 70's, can be heard. Ideas of freedom, leisure, togetherness and shared space resonate most strongly with the circumstances we have all found ourselves in for more than a year.
The Swings, an interactive event for all the family, was conceived by All or Nothing Dance Aerial Theatre's Artistic Director, Jennifer Paterson, who has also directed the production with Nic Green. Jennifer Paterson collaborated with the performers, Chrissie Ardill, Claire Crook, Beverley Grant and Danuta Ramos, on the aerial choreography.
This touring show has been designed by Becky Minto with sound design by Yas Clarke.
The Swings was originally commissioned by Imaginate’s Family Encounters and the Merchant City Festival.
It has been supported by The Work Room (Glasgow)and Macrobert, with National Lottery funding through Creative Scotland’s Touring Fund for Theatre and Dance.
Jennifer Paterson, Artistic Director of All or Nothing Aerial Dance Theatre, said:“The inspiration for The Swings came from spending time in a playpark as a mum, being around swings again and seeing how much joy they bring. Swings are so integral to your childhood. They are in almost every park. If you’re lucky you have one in your garden, or maybe a rope swing on a tree. You hang about them as a teenager. The feeling of being on a swing and the excitement of building it up higher and higher never leaves you. It’s such a visceral feeling -the air rushing past your face, the laughing, the rise and fall of your stomach. Will you jump off? How high can you go? What tricks can you do?”
Jaine Lumsden, Theatre Officer at Creative Scotland said: “Audiences across the country can look forward to All or Nothing’s fun, inventive and multi-sensory circus experience touring to outdoor spaces this summer in partnership with some of Scotland’s much loved theatres and festivals. This family friendly show is made possible thanks to the generosity of National Lottery players, who raise £30 million for good causes across the UK every week.
”We all love being on a swing and we know you do too! Catch The Swings at an outdoor venue near you this summer.
Watch All or Nothing’s exceptional aerial performers then have a go yourself.
The Collective Labyrinth Project with Margaret Ker
In June the Argyll Arts Collective brought artist Margaret Ker to visit two schools in Cowal and assist them to create a huge labyrinth on school grounds. She spent 2 days with Tighnabruich Primary and Lochgoilhead Primary and worked with the children to create a temporary 32 meter labyrinth made out of stones, wood and slates. They are there for the children and wider community to enjoy so please feel free to visit and walk the labyrinths whenever you have the chance.
dRC Productions presents
Love Letters. a play by AR Gurney
Love Letters by AR Gurney
Thursday 17th October 2019 7.30pm
(Doors open 7pm)
Lochgoilhead Village Hall, Lochgoilhead, Argyll, PA24 8AA
Tickets £10 (plus £1 booking fee)
Available from www.argyllartscollective.com Phone: 07765016543
Have you ever loved someone who touched every part of your being? The power of the pen brings us the love story of Melissa and Andrew which lasts a lifetime and spans continents.
“smart, delightful and moving” Huffington Post “...entertaining...satisfying...a most charming play” New York Observer
Reviews for dRC’s last production
‘Great night out—funny, moving and thought-provoking’
‘Could feel the physical presence of the actors in a way I’ve never done in the theatre before’
This beautifully written play was a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize for Drama in 1988. It has been performed by numerous luminaries of stage and screen, including Jason Robards, Kathleen Turner, Elizabeth Taylor and Christopher Walken. It was revived on Broadway in 2014, starring Mia Farrow and Brian Dennehy, playing to great critical acclaim. The play not only follows the lives, hopes, ambitions and disappointments of its two characters; it is also a love story dedicated to the dying art of letter writing.
February 5th 6.45pm Lochgoilhead Village Hall